Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Portable Genius

The "Portable Genius" series of guides by Wiley are well-designed resources for anyone owning an Apple product.  As esthetically pleasing as Apple products are in design, guides for Apple products should be just as well-designed, and this series does not disappoint.  Glossy pages, step-by-step instructions, color screen-shots, and a casual style of text contribute to a comfortable and rewarding experience in finding the information you need.

When I added a MacBook Pro to the household I picked up a copy of the guide titled Switching to a Mac: Portable Genius. I've used Mac's in the past, but the Macintosh has gone through a lot of changes over time, and I really wanted an easy way to start making the most of my new machine.  Switching to a Mac gave me just the answers I needed as I learned my way around the MacBook Pro and the Leopard operating system.

Inspired by the quality of Switching to a Mac, when I bought my iPad I bought a copy of the iPad Portable Genius.  This volume is another useful member of the Portable Genius series.  Though I'm well into understanding what all I can do with my iPad, this book is showing me things I might not have picked up on.

When I finally get an iPhone, I'm going to buy - you guessed it - the iPhone4 Portable Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment