Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hyperkinetically Connected

There was a time, about ten years ago, when I had a Macintosh computer, a PC, a Silicon Graphics workstation, and an Apple Newton at home, and another PC and another SGI machine at work.  I was on the grid, I was wired, I was hopping from one piece of computer technology to another like I'd had too much caffeine (maybe too much Mountain Dew), and I would tell people that I was "hyperkinetically connected."

While I've simplified my connectivity (well, maybe) over the years, life still seems frantic and a little more manic every year.  I recently heard about Crazy Busy, by Edward M. Hallowell, and decided it was something I need to read.  The book is subtitled, "Overstretched, Overbooked, and About to Snap!  Strategies for Coping in a World Gone ADD".  I can identify with that!  So I bought the book.  The problem is (I admit with some chagrin), I keep meaning to read it, but I've been too busy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment